Monday, April 6, 2009

Leather Messenger Bag






I felt so uncreative today so I decided to make a bag for myself--- something that in the past five or so years of making bags has never happened before. I have always loved messenger bags and leather so I decided to make a smaller leather messenger bag. I chose to accent the leather with a violet and brown japanese imported fabric that I have coveted for a long time now. For the straps, I used the japanese imported fabric and lined the back with a tan canvas that didn't have the sides hidden--- it gave the strap a nice frayed look. A very urban and earthy bag.

I love it. So much I might have to makes some for the shop.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Mason B said...

I really like this bag. I have a couple messenger bags myself. You know 'Man Bags' but if you could make one with the leather and use corduroy for the straps and accents that would be awesome and I would like to have one. Let me know what you think of the idea and I could send yousamples of the fabric.

Sakura Urban Studio said...

Absolutely! Why don't you send me an email (theresa@sakuraurban.com). My husband is getting the same bag made.. a man bag... :o) with the leather exterior, a leather adjustable strap, and a heavy duty canvas for the accents. He is also doing a longer flap too. They rock. I would LOVE to make you one, so let me know!!!

Sherri said...

I loved your checkbook covers with the Japanese prints, and I love this messenger bag! I am definitely interested in getting one. LMK when you have them up in your Etsy shop!!

Kitty said...

loves it! i'll have to stop by your shop next time i'm downtown! peace!